268Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Movement and The Music






















Passion has always been about the Movement, yet our Movement has always been powerfully wed to the anthems of a generation that is rising up to change the world. Eleven years later that's still the case as we get ready for the release of Passion: God Of This City. Recorded live in Atlanta, Boston and Chicago, this new CD is more than just another compilation of songs (though I'd say the songs are amazing), it's a snapshot of who we are and where we are going as we try to make our lives count for what matters most.

The title says it all (more on that in weeks to come) as we head to the cities of the world with hope that greater things are still to be written in our day. We believe this track (God Of This City) that helped launch our journey in Boston is going to be our prayer for cities in Africa, Asia, Europe, South America, Australia, Central America and Canada, as well.

Joining the upgraded iTunes Bundle releases (Shine, You Are God and Amazing Grace [My Chains Are Gone]) are new songs you've never heard and live versions of some you love. Steve Fee and Kristian Stanfill add tracks to those by Matt, Chris, DC*B, Charlie and Christy, as songs from 07 we didn't release (Walk The World [Bread and Wine]) settle alongside those you guys in Boston and Chicago remember well. Fourteen songs in all. Passion from beginning to end.

You can preorder now or get it anywhere music is sold on February 5. And, everyday until then we're featuring a new clip on the Passion home at 268generation.com (it will we playing when you arrive as the main page music!). We're excited, and praying this disc opens the Kingdom in people's hearts around the globe! LG

22 Comments:

  • having gone to Passion07 and Passion Boston, i am sooo excited for Passion: God of this City to come out!!! i've been blessed to have been present for these songs as they happened, and they are all incredible snapshots of beautiful moments in the Passion Movement! this cd will be loved and blessed.

    By Blogger Joe, at 1/23/2008 2:36 PM  

  • I so can't wait!!!! It would be a good memory of Passion Boston 2007! Would love to hear the songs again. SING SING SING! :-)

    By Blogger Jacoline, at 1/23/2008 3:23 PM  

  • yahoo! cant wait!
    love yall! praying for LA this weekend...

    By Blogger Ann Marie, at 1/23/2008 4:04 PM  

  • woohoo ... can't wait to hear the new cd! :D so much good stuff on it and yet another opportunity to share all that God is doing thru Passion.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/23/2008 4:44 PM  

  • Yes! I'm going to get my pre-order in, and I can't wait to hear the songs from '07 plus the new ones for the regionals- especially God of This City all the way through (I've listened to the clip from the podcast so many times I''ve lost count). And thank you sooo much for making it so reasonable (I don't know how ya'll can stay in business ;). God go before you to LA! We're praying for you!

    By Blogger Aslan's Girl, at 1/23/2008 5:46 PM  

  • Hey - I love the cover! I love that it came from a napkin sketch -that's the way to go!!!
    I cant wait to hear it!!!
    God Bless you as you head to LA...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/23/2008 6:34 PM  

  • Hey all!! I've already pre-ordered mine!! :-D I cannot wait!! Praying for God's glory to "shine" in La this week and I cannot wait for ATL!! :-D

    By Blogger Ashley, at 1/23/2008 11:10 PM  

  • I can't wait to get the CD. Please pray for me I am starting a new venture. It is a blog for devotionals/poems/prayer request.
    Please tell everyone you know about this site. I felt a need one night to do this site. Please pray I can reach many people through this site:

    http://gardenoflife5.blogspot.com/
    God bless all of you!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/24/2008 12:52 AM  

  • can`t wait!!!! love the cover!!! love you guys!!! way to go God!!!!

    praying for LA!!

    By Blogger Liz, at 1/24/2008 8:11 PM  

  • I am extremely, rediculously excited about this CD. Seriously.

    =]

    By Blogger Brittany, at 1/24/2008 8:22 PM  

  • I am so looking forward to this CD! And praying for you all in LA tomorrow and Saturday! Wish I could be there but I'll pitch in at the Atlanta Regional.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/24/2008 9:13 PM  

  • niiiice.

    hope LA will be rockin' in the next few days! keep us posted =D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/24/2008 10:23 PM  

  • LOVE the cover!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/25/2008 12:54 AM  

  • Now I'm sure that the Sydney Opera House was on the cover at one stage. Where has it gone:(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/25/2008 2:33 AM  

  • Just saw there's a snow storm in Southern Cali...
    Praying for safety for those traveling and for God to clear the way!

    By Blogger sandra r., at 1/25/2008 1:47 PM  

  • I am excited for this cd, and I am stoked for Passion: Dallas! It will be my first Passion.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2008 1:24 PM  

  • I am sooooo excited! I was at Passion 2007 and Passion Chicago! I cannot wait to relive those powerful moments!
    Sing, Sing, Sing, and make music with the Heavens!! :)
    Praying for LA this weekend!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2008 6:03 PM  

  • I bought this cd at Passion LA & I absolutely LOVE it. It's incredible. I can't wait until it actually comes out so I can buy a few to give away :) & thanks for praying for LA you guys! It was amazing!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/02/2008 1:34 PM  

  • I received the postcard in the mail last week and could not wait to download the new CD from itunes that I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning!!!

    Just listening to Chris sing Let God Arise which is what I need this early.

    Louie what you and this movement are doing for this generation as well as those of the past and the present is AWESOME just like the God we love and serve.

    May your ministry see results in 2008 that can only be the result of His grace.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/05/2008 4:34 AM  

  • I just got the cd today! Simply put, how amazing! I was extremely ministered by the God-glorifying lyrics while joining in worship with those at Passion Boston 2007!
    Thanks!

    By Blogger Michelle Zackey, at 2/06/2008 6:17 PM  

  • Just brought it on itunes amazing! Will be listening to this over the next few weeks.

    By Blogger bigfoot780, at 2/15/2008 9:20 AM  

  • Hi All,

    Love the CD, unfortunately Charlie's song "Sweet Jesus Christ my sanity...chorus-Christ has died and, Christ is risen, Christ will come again"

    I can't find it on iTunes or online.

    Help!-Tone

    By Blogger Tony, at 2/28/2008 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home