268Blog

Sunday, December 04, 2005

28 Day Journey-Day One

Monday 12//05//05
1 For The Glory

The beginning and end of everything is the glory of God. So, naturally, it is fitting that we begin our journey of consecration, moving towards Passion06 and beyond, with His glory in view.

As we prepare our hearts for what lies ahead in Nashville, and as we begin to pray together all across the nation and world, we must do all we do to the end that God’s name will be great in our midst, receiving the honor and glory that He alone is due. If we have any other motive in our thoughts, actions or prayers, we will fail.

Passion exists for the glory of God. Our goal is not simply host successful events. We want more than songs. More than speakers. More than an experience. We want to start a movement for His renown! Thus, our desire is to center everything we do on God, do all we do for Him and leave Passion06 with renewed hearts to spread His story of mercy and grace to every person on planet earth.

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Colossians 3:17.

Today’s prayer:

Father, You alone are God. You are bigger than my ability to fully comprehend. You are “I AM.” I am “I am not.” You are great. I am small. Yet, You have made me in Your image and have redeemed me from the muck and shame of sinful ways. You have brought me to life through Jesus Christ and called me Yours. My very breath has come from You. All that I am and everything I will ever be is You.

On the very first step of this journey I humble my heart. There is nothing I want more than for my life to bring attention to Your greatness, for my life to reflect Your face to the whole world.

Lord, cause every part of my life and Passion06 to bring the most glory possible to Your name. Amen.

All through the day: More of You. Less of me.

11 Comments:

  • Amen, Lord! You are so infinite...bigger, more complex than we will ever know. Let us experience some of that vastness, let us reflect you to a world that may otherwise never see or consider you....

    By Blogger Jess, at 12/05/2005 12:43 AM  

  • Amen :)

    But hmmm this looking very much like the "Prepare the Way" prayer journey for OneDay03, for those of you who remember or have it archived (like me)..

    oh well, it's all good & for His glory! woulda like to see sumthing new tho =D

    By Blogger Alex S. Leung, at 12/05/2005 3:47 AM  

  • Yes Lord! May our hearts come forth to bring You all the glory and honor. I pray that the hearts of students all over the world will just overflow with Your word and make You known all over. We love You and Praise You Lord.

    Amen

    By Blogger Donna, at 12/05/2005 6:16 AM  

  • AMEN to that last one! JESUS is our treasure! JESUS, the person, changes lives!! Father, my desire is for YOU alone - nothing else will do!

    By Blogger Susan Gordon, at 12/05/2005 11:11 AM  

  • Praise God for the work He is doing! As a participant at Passion 05 I was encouraged, grateful, and humbled by my glimpse of a portion of God's plan. At my university, I felt I was under a barrage of Satan's attacks on my faith, with many of my Christian friends believing the lie that God does not want to lead our lives and entrust instruction to Him. Being in a "family" group of 7 who actively saught God for EVERY aspect of their lives and being among 18,000 other college students who wanted God's plan over their own was a blessing beyond what I can describe. I will not be able to be at Passion 06 due to financial reasons, but I know that Jesus has something awesome for me to do instead during that time, and that He has something awesome He will do in the hearts and lives of the students at Passion 06!

    My prayer is that we become transparent, so that Jesus is all the world sees!

    By Blogger Mark Miller, at 12/05/2005 11:25 AM  

  • I praise God today that inspite of my tendency to try and make it about me He patiently prods me back on track through His grace and mercy. You are so good God!

    By Blogger Darien Roger Gabriel, at 12/05/2005 11:52 AM  

  • Father, your glory is so bright, brighter than the sunlight reflecting off the snow. YOU are blinding! Father, I ask that you would make us into shining lights of your glory wherever we are. Amen.

    By Blogger Silke, at 12/05/2005 2:33 PM  

  • Oh, Lord, I pray in excitment for what you are doing in the lives of students all over this globe in preparation for Passion '06 . . . this is so much more than an event. It is a gathering of saints giving glory to their maker. . . being equipped and challenged to make Your name known among their individual worlds. . . Lord ignite the flame that will never be put out in our hearts, spark a passion for sharing You, a passion for making You known, a Passion for the hope of glory that is YOU!
    We bow our lives to You Lord, have Your way with us...

    By Blogger nlqeric, at 12/05/2005 2:58 PM  

  • Lord i pray that over the next 28 days u open our hearts and minds for what u have instore for us at passion 06. I pray we truly understand that this event is all for your glory. I pray for the siue gang that is coming to nashivlle that we are willing to listen to you and let you mold us. Father use these next 28 days to start your work in us. Thank you for being CONSTANT in our lives, no matter where we are. AMen

    By Blogger jEsSiCa CaMpBeLl, at 12/05/2005 3:34 PM  

  • praying that God will use Passion06 to send out students to live out God's purposes! We must go!

    By Blogger steph, at 12/05/2005 11:12 PM  

  • hi o live in brazil, and i was depth impacted by God trough the Passion and 722,Thanks GOD for LOuie's life and all his staff...
    This guys who's teaching us give all the glory to your name...

    By Blogger max soares, at 12/06/2005 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home