268Blog

Monday, December 19, 2005

28 Day Journey-Day Sixteen

Tuesday 12//20/05
16 Leaders First

In God’s economy, leaders always go before the people. Not because they’re special, but because they have been set apart by God.

In general, the student generation will not awaken before those in leadership are fully awake. If students are asleep, it’s often because no one around them sounds the alarm.

In Joel 1:13 we find the first call going out to the spiritual leaders of Israel. “Put on sackcloth, O priests, and mourn; wail you who minister before the altar. Come, spend a night in sackcloth; you who minister before my God; for the grain offerings and drink offerings are withheld from the house of your God.”

On the verge of Passion06 the challenge goes out to all spiritual leaders, ministers, pastors, and shepherds… Come before the Lord— in brokenness and desperation-- because the worship of God is being robbed from His people. I know from experience that you are weary as the semester ends and that you feel the relief of Christmas break as much as your students...or more. But during these days consider setting aside some time to seek God.

Notice, the leaders are called to a “night with God” first AND THEN the invitation comes in verse 14, “Declare a holy fast.” Only after our night of seeking are we prepared to lead the way.

Let the priest, who minister before the Lord, weep between the temple porch and the altar. Let them say, “Spare your people O Lord.” Joel 2:17a

Leader’s prayer: Father, You have called me and appointed me as a shepherd for Your people. I have no ministry but Yours, no calling but Your calling on my life. Where I have abandoned the radical call of following the Savior, exchanging vibrant life with You for the "doing of ministry," have mercy on me. I thirst for You and need You more than ministry, service, success, recognition. I’m tired of following. I want to lead. I’m weary of telling others what You desire for their lives. I want all You have for mine. I am Yours. Break my heart. Call me away with you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Pray for those who lead your church and ministry.
Pray for their encouragement.
For for the fresh wind of God's Spirit in their hearts.
For the abandon of self and safety to the wild call of Christ on their lives.
Pray for the protection of marriages and for God's covering of mercy.
Do something today to let them know you love and appreciate them.

Through the day: Lead us. Lead me.

5 Comments:

  • thank You, Lord, for our leaders. praying for special blessing and protection for them all as they serve us, also as we serve each other, and ultimately as we serve Christ..

    "to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." -eph 3:21

    By Blogger steph, at 12/20/2005 3:06 AM  

  • Yes Lord thank you for our leaders!!Bless them Lord.
    Amen

    By Blogger FanofGOD, at 12/20/2005 7:18 AM  

  • Thank you lord for giving us such bold leaders. I pray that you will also bring up a stronger upcoming generation in time to come.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/20/2005 8:02 AM  

  • i needed to hear this pray today. thank you for being faithful to hear God's voice. let us press through in the name of Jesus.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/20/2005 9:10 AM  

  • I just wanted to say that this 28 day prayer journey has really been a blessing and very engouraging,and uplifting!It is great to read all the posts,and prayers for others!!And to read everyday about how great our God is and how it is all about HIM!!It is just great that I can get up everyday and come and read this!And the topics and prayers are just awesome.
    Thank you
    Miranda

    By Blogger FanofGOD, at 12/20/2005 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home