268Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2005

28 Day Journey-Day Eleven

Thursday 12//15//05
11 Twenty-four

In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever. Psalm 44:8

24. That's it. That's today. It's what we get. Sixty minutes of sixty seconds. Twenty four times over. That's life. Our chance. Each day.

(If you're a college student you know how many hours there are in the day because you probably were just awake for all of them, cramming as much as possible into that brain of yours. If that's you, in the midst of finals, thanks for taking time to hit the blog. We're under the gun at the Passion House, too. So we're with you!)

24. You can't take it back. Redo it. Reshape it. But we will replay it again and again...if not now, in eternity. What were we thinking? What were we doing? So careless. So frivolous. So enamored with stuff that amounts to little while we carry the name of the King of Creation.

Everything on earth tells us to take it easy. Not so fast. You've got so much time. But suddenly the end comes and the days are done. Spent forever on something we hope is worth forever
. 24. They all have to count.

24. At Passion 06 that's when we'll pray. Yep, all day long.
Kneel, The 24 Hour Prayer Journey will be open in four locations throughout Nashville from the time you arrive to the time you leave. Praying through a dozen prayer stations, thousands will take the journey through Kneel, each pausing where someone has bowed before and where someone will follow, we will cover every single second of our time in Nashville with voices rising to heaven.

Come prepared to take stake your place. An hour is waiting for you. Look for sign up details when you arrive.

Today's prayer:
Awaken my soul to the moments that are in my hands. Open my eyes to the treasure of just one day. Attach my wandering heart to Thine.
Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint, lead me to the rock that is higher than I. (Psalm 61:1-3)

Thank You for 24 today. I am grateful for Your kindness and freely offer mine back to You. I am Yours, Jesus. Amen.

Through the day: Live.

Update: Our staff member (Daniele) called to say her brother came through 12.5 hours of surgery in Sao Paulo today. The outcome was as good as could have been hoped for given the complexity of the operation. We are rejoicing that he endured the day and are praying he finds strength through the night. Though he still has a continued battle with cancer ahead, we are grateful for God's mercy over his life.

8 Comments:

  • Louie,
    This morning, when I received your blog comment about the "picture of you and coffee combo", I was actually watching your Passion #5 message about "Christ IN you." BTW, thanks for the comment. The message was timely for me in many ways. To think that God looks at me and says, "I can use you, you'll do", is helping me to keep the focus that my ministry is really His, and that I can't do it, but He can. Thanks also, for the reminder that "I am a Saint, who sins". BTW, as for the coffee, Kenya AA is really awesome. John

    By Blogger John Jones, at 12/15/2005 1:42 AM  

  • Thanks for sharing the update on Danielle's brother. Praise the Lord for His healing touch! It is amazing to see and feel Him prepare us for Passion 06 even as we prepare a way for His glory to be shared.

    1 Samuel 12:23:
    "As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/15/2005 9:50 AM  

  • For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the whole earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.
    2 Chronicles 16:9

    Be encouraged!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/15/2005 10:35 AM  

  • To the Passion Team,
    I wanted to share how I can see God preparing me for the week of Passion 06. I have missed some of the days, I go back to read them and find that God had prepared me in a similar way even though I did not read the post. For example, He sent me a card in the mail from my fiance to remind me that God's love is all around me. Drink deeply as a tree draws from the soil. I chewed on that all day and that was the same day I missed post #10 in the journey. Thank you for praying for us, God is answering them. Just some more tanigible evidence of God's workings. "Great are the works of the Lord, they are pondered by all who delight in them" (ps 111:2)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/15/2005 3:01 PM  

  • WOW!! Isn't God so wonderful!!
    Praise His Holy Name!

    By the way, I think that is one of the prettiest prayers I have ever heard! Simple. Deep. Beautiful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/15/2005 4:47 PM  

  • It's amazing to see what God is doing through Passion... It had a profound impact on my life when I was in college... Passion 99, OneDay, Oneday 03... Huge influences on me... I'll be praying for you all and greatly anticipate what God will do when you gather in January...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/15/2005 5:41 PM  

  • Psalm 27
    A Psalm of Fearless Trust in God.
    A Psalm of David.
    1The LORD is my (A)light and my salvation;
    Whom shall I fear?
    The LORD is the defense of my life;
    Whom shall I dread?
    2When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh,
    My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.
    3Though a host encamp against me,
    My heart will not fear;
    Though war arise against me,
    In spite of this I shall be confident.
    4One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek:
    That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
    To behold the beauty of the LORD
    And to meditate in His temple.
    5For in the (M)day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle;
    In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;
    He will lift me up on a rock.
    6And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me,
    And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
    I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.
    7Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice,
    And be gracious to me and answer me.
    8When You said, "Seek My face," my heart said to You,
    "Your face, O LORD,I shall seek."
    9Do not hide Your face from me,
    Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
    You have been my help;
    Do not abandon me nor forsake me,
    O God of my salvation!
    10For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
    But the LORD will take me up.
    11Teach me Your way, O LORD,
    And lead me in a level path
    Because of my foes.
    12Do not deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries,
    For false witnesses have risen against me,
    And such as breathe out violence.
    13I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD
    In the land of the living.
    14Wait for the LORD;
    Be strong and let your heart take courage;
    Yes, wait for the LORD.

    Micah 7.7-8
    7But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD;
    I will wait for the God of my salvation
    My God will hear me.
    8Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy
    Though I fall I will rise;
    Though I dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me.

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 12/15/2005 6:29 PM  

  • amen, gotta make it count..

    By Blogger steph, at 12/16/2005 4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home