268Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

28 Day Journey-Day Seventeen

Wednesday 12//21//02
17 Connected

[OK, the Christmas crunch is here and the comments are dwindling...are you guys with us??]

Now that we've gotten that out of the way....Today's question: What do these people have in common?
Emily from Wartburg College in Iowa (Go Knights!)
Douglas from Rhodes University in South Africa
Amy from the University of Central Oklahoma
Benjamine (do you go by Ben?) from Marshall University in West Virginia
Megan from Vandy (Go Doors!)
Rodolfo, a college leader from Rio (as in de Janeiro, Brazil)
Katherine from Samford

Yep, good guess! They all registered for Passion06 in the last few hours and are headed to Nashville. The message today: you are not alone! You may be at Auburn, surrounded by hundreds (if not thousands) of followers of Jesus or you may be one of the relative few at Washington University in St. Louis who claim the Savior of the world. But, in either case you are part of a massive army, countless thousands, hundreds of thousands, running after Him with everything they've got.

That's one of the things I love most about Passion. It's a neutral ground connecting spot for people from different churches and campus ministries representing every kind of campus in the nation. We all come from different streams, but our common bond is Jesus Christ. He is the corner stone on which all of our hope is built. His unique life, matchless atonement, distinct grace, historic resurrection and unending reign are the source of our rejoicing. That's why His name is our desire and His anthem our loudest song.

That's why it's not enough for us to champion 17,000+ people packed in an arena. We have added smaller Community and Family Groups to the mix so that you can link your journey with other students from places you may have never heard of before and leave knowing you've got a lot of company as you seek to live for Jesus. We're glad you're coming with the people you see everyday, but we also want you to meet someone who's living the same faith, but in a completely different part of the country/world.

So come ready to connect with others who are seeking a deeper faith and a louder voice. Who knows, maybe Douglas will be in your family group and you'll leave with a new pal from south of the equator.

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-6.

Today's prayer:
How cool would it be to pray for the others who you are going to be in a Family Group with befoe you ever meet them. God knows the names of the 8-10 people in your group already, so ask Him to prepare them for the days in Nashville and give them a fresh awareness of Himself during Christmas.
Pray for your Community Group facilitator and worship leader as they prepare to help you process what God is during during the days of Passion06.
Look for the chance to connect with someone in the middle of the mass at Passion06 who needs to know they're not alone. Come ready to unite...and with one loud voice glorify Jesus Christ.

Father, thank You for connecting us through the Holy Spirit, kniting us forever to You in Christ. While we celebrate our various streams and distinctives, we boldly rejoice in our common Savior. Release a spirit of unity in our midst and tear down competition and pride for Jesus' sake. You have made us one and one we will be for You. For a louder shout of His name. Amen

Through the day: I'm in a big, big family.

23 Comments:

  • I need a place to stay for volunteering. I am a male. if anyone has room in their room, contact me directly. luke at lukepools.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 1:05 AM  

  • It's awesome to when you thing about how large that family is! 12 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 1:36 AM  

  • Thanks Louie for the constant devotion to writing these entries for this extremely encouraging prayer journey. (Although, there are some slight spelling and grammar errors every so often :p). It's great to be able to start the day off with something to really focus on.

    Tuesday was the day I chose to fast both from using my computer and from eating food. Definitely had some good 'Selah' and prayer moments throughout the day, and I must say, I've never studied so productively in my whole life! My Biochemistry exam is later today at 2PM, and I will finally be finished with this semester - more time to prep for Passion 06 and more of me to focus on the unending glory of His name.

    Thanks for challenging us to pray for someone that does not know Christ -- as I'm sure many people have, I chose my roommate. I also wanted to let me know how much your work at 7|22 has impacted my life -- I believe it was the Passion 05 CD release, and you gave a talk about the woman from England who started up a church, got a group of people together, road the elevators at nighttime in the dorms, went door to door and prayed for every person in their residence(s). Just wanted to let you know that I've been trying to go door to door praying for every person in my residence. There're name tags on the doors and it helps a lot! So far I've prayed for everyone in the building once, I hope to be able to make more rounds and pray for them again. I never realized how much courage it takes to actually go out (even in your own residence) and walk in the hallways late at night, pause, and pray for every person in every room of the building. I'm excited to see God's huge plan unfold at the University of Western Ontario.

    Unity has already been a massive theme this year -- Passion Toronto brought all of us together under one roof, and soon after, we had our first Unity Semi-Formal. God's definitely up to a lot of cool stuff on campus, I'm ecstatic that I get to be a "supporting role" in His huge story :D

    Our God is GINORMSTROUS (yea, I just made that up), our family is huge, Praise the Lord :D

    "When the Lord brought back the captives ones of Zion,
    We were like those who dreamed.
    Our mouths were filled with laughter,
    Our tongues with joyful shouting
    They say among the nations, “the Lord has done great things for us”!"

    By Blogger Christopher Luk, at 12/21/2005 4:40 AM  

  • I am not a college student, but I have worked with college students for the past 10 years. I am to old to "blog" (what does that stand for anyway?). But I am encouraged everyday to see this generation committing themselves to a vital real relationship with our Creator. I am excited to be part of the prayer journey at Passion06 and am looking forward to what God has in store for all of us. Yesterday's post really hit home, keep it up.

    thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 8:25 AM  

  • I'm gettin' pumped...

    By Blogger David, at 12/21/2005 9:01 AM  

  • looking forward to getting connected. it's been a privelege and a blessing to be on this prayer journey with others who will be at the conference.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 10:10 AM  

  • Thanks for the Prayer Journey every day it is awesome to be able to pray for those who will be there, even if I'm not a college student!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 10:41 AM  

  • We are still with you brother! This prayer journey has been extremely encouraging and centering as I prepare for Passion 06. I hope all my brothers and sisters in Christ are continuing on the journey of prayer that will lead us to Nashville. Just to think about the fullness of diety in a helpless babe this Christmas is.... wow. God has no match!

    Lord may we keep you at the center of all we do. We are made by you, for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 10:45 AM  

  • We just had a small group Christmas party in OK (I go to the U of Arkansas) and had people from OK, England, and even Zaire praying for what's coming at Passion! God is HUGE.

    By Blogger Shelly, at 12/21/2005 11:30 AM  

  • God is so good. We are all so blessed and fortunate to have these opportunities. I am looking forward to Passion and the blessing it will be in all of our lives. I'm trying to live each day in the moment, but also think about the tremendous impact we'll be able to have once this experience is all said and done. Thank you Lord for blessing us and for your faithfulness. I pray we will all arrive in Nashville safely and find ourselves drawing closer to the Lord as each day passes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 11:43 AM  

  • Amazing. Although, I do not know anyone else who will be at Passion, I feel as though I'm coming home. Thank You Jesus for the unity of believers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 11:45 AM  

  • Yes we are with you! These entries have been so encouraging... The past couple of weeks I have almost forgot about the excitement of Christmas hustle and bustle (which I can't stand... who even knows what Christmas is about anymore? Happy Birthday Jesus!) because I am so anticipating Passion. What a preview of Heaven!
    -Katie from Seattle Pacific University

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 11:57 AM  

  • Louie, and others,

    I'm always here; at least once daily! Just because I'm quiet sometimes doesn't mean I'm not constantly bubbling over with HIS spirit! As you said, our family is huge, and it's really weird that we'll never know 1/2 of them while we're alive. Just one thing that reminded me of that huge family was getting a Christmas postcard from my Taiwanese friend who lives in Pittsburg, is doing a rotation in Japan, and is staying there with a Japanese Christian family! I can't believe that she'll go to a Japanese Christmas Service on Sunday! How awesome is that! I'll try to be better about commenting in the next few weeks!

    In HIM,

    Silke

    By Blogger Silke, at 12/21/2005 12:25 PM  

  • I'm on the infold of the Passion '05 cd case.

    You know what's sweeter than that? Jesus!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 12:52 PM  

  • one body, many members
    one mind, many gifts
    one cross, many kneeling
    one Lord, a promise kept

    Our God is more zealous and faithful to His covenant than we could ever be. Praise the God of pursuit, who is leading us unto Himself. Gracious and perfect prize, heaven's boast, Christ Jesus our King.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 1:47 PM  

  • one body, many members
    one mind, many gifts
    one cross, many kneeling
    one Lord, a promise kept

    Our God is more zealous and faithful to keep His covenant than we could ever be. Praise God who is calling us unto Himself and to one another. Precious Reward, Heaven's Boast, Christ Jesus our King.

    By Blogger Kendra, at 12/21/2005 1:53 PM  

  • Thank you so much for your devotion to Passion and your heart to see students connect and grow to closer to the Lord. I cannot wait to see what God has in store, it is going to be incredible!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 2:30 PM  

  • This is for Amy coming from the University of Central Oklahoma. I don't know if I know you, but thank you for being one more person to bring Christ back to UCO and Oklahoma. Go Bronchos!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 5:18 PM  

  • I have already graduated from Florida State. I am 23. Even though I am not going with a group, and I am not in college anymore I am still so excited about meeting other people with a passion for Christ from other places! I am driving solo up to Nashville from Gulf Breeze, Florida, and I am certainly looking forward to that time of solitude and worship as God continues to prepare my heart for what's to come. It's so cool that I've already seen God breaking me of myself. This prayer journey is awesome. It has definitely helped me to focus on making everything about God. Everything for His glory! Yesterday, I was driving home from a movie when I chose to listen to Chris Tomlin rather than Mariah Carey's old Christmas album. As I listened and sang along I began to cry. I don't usually do that in my car. I was crying because I was realizing the great potential that God has given me to be so much more of a useful tool for his kingdom. I have been complacent and lazy and afraid to charge after him with all of me. The point of this story is that every day since my parents gave me a ticket to Passion for my birthday in November, multiple times through out the day, God has shown me himself and has been breaking me and teaching me and preparing me. I am so excited. I can not wait. I am in desparate need of a "recharge" for him.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 5:37 PM  

  • O God let us be the generation that seeks, who seeks your face O God of Jacob! :D

    By Blogger Pat, at 12/21/2005 10:06 PM  

  • You know what song comes to mind, this hymn: "I'm so glad I'm apart of the family of God"
    I pray for my family in Christ now and as Passion comes closer till I meet you all face to face!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 11:00 PM  

  • Thanks for giving us the prayer journey. I'm really excited about Passion, and I have been eagerly waiting for the new things to pray about everyday! I can already feel God at work in my heart just from this prayer journey, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for me through Passion '06.

    Also, thank you for letting us break up into small groups during passion with people from all over the world. I was really blessed from it last year at Passion!

    Thanks again for all ya'll do!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/22/2005 12:51 AM  

  • i think the family group was just as amazing as the big sessions. i am still in contact with many of those i met there

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/22/2005 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home