268Blog

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

28 Day Journey-Day Three

Wednesday 12//07//05
3 Movement

Jesus is a movement. It's what He is all about. He's not into monuments, systems or external structures. He is a river of life, “And everywhere the river flows everything lives.” Movements are fluid, not static. Movements move... and are not always predictable.

A decade ago Passion started as a movement among this collegiate generation. It's not the first and won't be the last. We are not the beginning or the end of anything, just one of thousands of tools in the hands of God. More than anything, we seek to fight the tendency to settle and conform, to categorize and crystallize.

To remain a movement we have to have more than words. More than catchy phrases. More that a recognizable identity. More than a declaration. More than events. Our brand must be altered lives...those fueled by radical obedience for the sake of His Name.

The external stuff of Passion06 is not what we're after…not what we need. God is asking us to bring ourselves...to come before Him openly and honestly, exposing whatever's within so that He can reclaim us for His purposes in this world.

Some will be fooled because they fill an arena and sing the songs... deceived because they feel the emotion and shed the tears. Yet without a heart that is torn open before Him, no Spirit-birthed river can flow from once barren places to water the earth.

If Passion06 is going to be part of a movement, Jesus must have freedom to flow in every heart.

“The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” John 3:8

Father, we know all movements begin with You. You are the first mover in all of life and creation. Help us-help me-to not bog down in this world and all that surrounds me today. I do not want to settle. I want to keep moving with You.

Wind of the Spirit, fill my sails. Blow me onward. Forward. Freely. Godward. Wildly. Powerfully.

Lord, we will not be satisfied by outward signs of spirituality… outward expressions alone. Help us. Assist us. We desire to tear our hearts open before You. To move beyond outward layers that deceive and impress, but do not revive the soul. Jesus, lead us in power. Amen

Through the day: Jesus, move freely through me.

6 Comments:

  • "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
    Lord, I want to be passionately zealous in my devotion to you. I want you to help me "tear open my heart" so that for your Glory, I can be conformed more and more to the image of your Son, Jesus Christ. You are holy, holy, holy and I trust in You! In the Powerful, Pleasnat, Glorious, Sovereign name of Jesus I ask and pray, AMEN...

    By Blogger Jordan, at 12/07/2005 10:59 AM  

  • amen to that.

    I ask for your prayers for God's provision. I know that God will provide for everything that He has called me to. Please pray that I would be able to pay for this conference and that I would have faith that He is a God who provides.

    By Blogger Brooke, at 12/07/2005 12:29 PM  

  • God,
    move in Your church!!! begin the greatest movement for Your Name and renown that we've ever seen! Amen.

    let's all pray for this. i believe the group of students from my church attending Passion 06 (and really my whole church) are on the verge of a breakthrough in understanding that our whole life is all about living for God's glory! i'm praying Passion is just the thing God will use to push our college group and church over the edge!
    Let's all pray for this in the many churches who will be there. There are probably a ton of students on this same edge who need a little push.

    God, move in our midst during that 1st week of January!

    By Blogger patrick mitchell, at 12/07/2005 1:29 PM  

  • Jesus, you are the Way. To be with you is to move. Yahweh, the heart and desire of Passion is pure. I ask that you continue to give vision and passion to Louie and his team. I pray that you continue to speak out of the overflow of his life. I ask that you hasten this movement for Your renown's sake. Holy Spirit, clothe this movement with power from on high, that they may know you. Jesus, shower Passion with grace that is more than enough for the movement you have started. Father, have mercy, and let your kingdom come and will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.

    "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

    By Blogger Timothy, at 12/07/2005 2:45 PM  

  • mmmm, amen. so true. reminded me of what Martin Smith said on the History Maker track of the live Hillsongs/Delirious cd... Martin said, "this is not a youth movement. this is the Church!" i was so floored by that, so true.

    thanks for Day3's thoughts. begins inside out.

    By Blogger steph, at 12/07/2005 4:14 PM  

  • Yes Jesus,
    I want to move with YOU!!You are the only way!!!I want nothing more but to please you!!Jesus use me in your way!!I thank you for all that you do in my life!!Jesus thank you.
    I thank you that though I make mistakes and sin.You still love me just the same.You deserve so much praise!!Thank you Jesus.I also pray that the students that go to Passion this year would feel your presence that they would bow before you!!That they would be filled up with you spirit!!In Jesus name I pray AMEN.

    By Blogger FanofGOD, at 12/09/2005 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home