268Blog

Monday, December 26, 2005

28 Day Journey-Day Twenty Two

Monday 12//26//05
22 Join

Merry Christmas. Or as my English friend said on my voicemail today, "Happy Christmas!" Oh, I know it's past midnight EST (yes, these posts actually are written in real time and not generated by a computer that auto posts while I'm asleep) and it's not actually Christmas anymore. In fact, for the Brits, it's Boxing Day, I think. Yeah, a little strange, but it's not the day they like to fight, rather (I hope I get this right) the day they box up all the stuff they got they don't like and take it back to the store. Come to think about it, there may actually be some punching involved in that after all. Anyway, the point. It's not that important to me what day Jesus was born, but that He came. And to that, I wish you all a Happy Christmas today, because He is here now. Still Emmanuel. Very much the light of the world. Living in you and me.

Ours was split between two cities again, as we always try to hit both families on Christmas Day. So we awakened to sunny, mild Houston where we had been with Shelley's family, took Delta home (sounds odd, I know, but it's really a nice day to fly) and celebrated with my family here in Atl. Lot's of family, laughter and Honey Baked Ham. Which makes me wonder what we used to do before those people came into existence. If you had a Honey Baked Ham at any point during the Christmas season can I see your hand. Yep, that's pretty much all of us. But we are back at the house now, still mesmerized by my favorite gift so far, that little 20 Questions thing that somehow deduced "braces," "sand" and "cupcake" in the first three attempts to fool it. Well, actually it answered cake and not cupcake, but given that it costs less that $20 and fits in my hand, I gave it that one, too.

But most of the questions over family meals included the familiar, "So, are you guys ready for Passion?" Briefly my mind would race to the 9,000 things that have to be done between now and a week from tonight... so I would quickly try to refocus on the sweet potato souffle or the laughter coming from the other room. Yes, there are a million details that still have to fall into place, and no, we're not exactly ready yet and will have a full week of hard work to be able launch on January 2, but it's Sunday, January 25 (technically, not so much, but we're going with the fact that it's still very dark outside), and both Christmas and Sabbath all rolled into one. So we are resting from the details and savoring the Savior, trusting that He is making us all ready for what He has in store.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) will begin the last seven days of our journey to Passion06. Your mission: get everybody you can that's going to Passion (and anyone not going who wants to pray) to join the cause. There are a bunch of you out there, but we want as many of the 18000 people who are coming as possible to be in step when we hit the city. So, call, text, IM, shout, woo, e-mail... whatever it takes, reach all your peeps. Every single one of them. And say, 268Blog.com. Meet me there. Seven days till Passion. Join the movement. Pray!

Through the day: It's still Christmas.

7 Comments:

  • Hello Louie,It is Boxing Day night here in Australia and we too have had baked ham and turkey for Christmas dinner-- and will probably be eating the left overs all week!!!We were told that Boxing Day originated when the wealthy land owners took presents to their workers on the day after Christmas, in boxes. Sounds feasable!
    Anyway back on the road to Passion. We have been praying along with you but will also do an e-mail out to friends this week to encourage them to pray too.
    We pray that you get all the important things done and that all the plans run as smoothly as possible.We also pray for protection for all the staff,those participating and their families.
    May the young people attending be struck with a sense of awe at the majesty of Jesus and may He transform their lives and give them a passion to live completely for His glory.

    By Blogger gail, at 12/26/2005 7:12 AM  

  • Hey Mr.Giglio
    Glad you had a nice Christmas!!
    I can't believe Passion is comming so fast!!Though I am not able to go I am praying with you all and I am so excited about it and can't wait to hear how it went!!I am 13 and I heard you speak at the Indescribable tour it was the night in Portland Maine!!And what you spoke well all I can say is at the end of the night I felt really small haha but then I remembered how amazing God is that he knows my name and the depths of my heart.
    And thank you for doing this 28 day prayer journey!!Everyday I usually come on a read the post and I have been really enouraged.And blessed by each post!!And to see everyones prayers it really is wonderful!I have also told my other friends about it!!
    God Bless you Mr.Giglio
    And dear Lord I pray that during these last 7 days before passion that you would prepare all there hearts to come ready for you!!It's all for you Lord,It's all for you!!
    Amen
    Miranda

    By Blogger FanofGOD, at 12/26/2005 8:45 AM  

  • I was awake then, too, picking up my stranded friend from Chicago O'Hare at about midnight CST, and driving back home for 2 hrs after that. Really, I wasn't driving, my dad was, which in and of itself is a miracle that he would offer himself and his time on Christmas Day to help my friend. It makes me cry to think about it; I can so see God moving in my immediate family -- for the first time EVER!!! A prayer is being finally answered! And as much as God is moving here and now, I pray He'll move even more in the next 2 weeks, then the next year, and eternity to come after that! AMEN!!!

    By Blogger Silke, at 12/26/2005 11:00 AM  

  • Like sitting on the ocean shore and letting the waves roll over your feet, Philippians 2 has been recurring before me as I pray toward Passion and celebrating Christ's birth. Christ's heart in this scripture reveals my sin. Temptation for my own renown visits again. What I find frustrating in the desires of my flesh is also that which reminds me of my desperation for the cross. Without Him beside me, in me, and leading me, I can't accomplish serving at Passion with a heart of obedience. I need the cross. What a blessing! I am desperate for the thing God desires to give. Somehow, in the working of His gift of the Spirit, I can accomplish His will. I'm so glad Jesus came, and that He didn't leave us here alone.

    May the Word of the Lord be found true in me...and us...as we gather to bless His name. Philipians 2:5-11

    By Blogger Kendra, at 12/26/2005 1:52 PM  

  • will be praying for you all at Passion, as you guys try to finish the last 9,000 details that need to be done! =D

    By Blogger steph, at 12/26/2005 5:32 PM  

  • Hi Louie & everybody!!
    I am SO looking forward to Passion '06! There are about 85 of us heading down I-40 from Oklahoma City on buses to the Music City. We're prating for you and for the thousands of students who will be experiencing Christ in a personal and relevent way next week. A very merry and happy Christmas to all of you!!
    Jimbo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/26/2005 8:50 PM  

  • "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge." He came to me His Majestey, the King on velvet red. I am struck. Powerfully. Undoubtedly. Profoundly. Should not speak. Should not move. I am fortunate to be alive. I must decrease. the heart weighs heavy. Cannot stand. I must bow, it is the only correct posture before royalty. I will listen for You are God in heaven and here am I on Earth. This is my King, this is my God...Hallelujah...HALLELUJAH!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/26/2005 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home