268Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hope For The Hokies

I'll never forget walking onto the campus of Virginia Tech for the first time over ten years ago and being stunned with the beauty of the place and the unique spirit of this collegiate community. I was there for a concert of prayer and worship that was being broadcast via satellite to other gatherings on campuses across the nation. That night, VT was a beacon to the nation.

Now the eyes of the world are on this campus and through the chaos little glimmers of light are shining. As families and friends grieve the loss of those they love the campus is trying to figure out how to move forward into more hopeful days. The mourning will last, but the story is far from over. The memory and legacy of those who have left us will endure, while those who remain will find grace to live with more urgency and love.

At some point the news story will fade and the world will move on, but in those days our hearts will remain steadfast for the Hokie family. And, though it's a small gesture, Passion has made available an EP of five songs of hope and restoration to anyone around the world looking for an anchor in these days. The EP is free at Hopeforthehokies.com.

As well, we are asking everyone in the Facebook world to help us change the face of Facebook on Monday, April 30, by changing their profile pic for at least one day to remember the Hokies and stand for hope for all the campuses of the world. If you have a Facebook, visit Facebook United For Hope, join the group and do everything you can to get your friends involved on April 30.

If you haven't checked it out, the new Passion Podcast - Hope For The Hokies - it's now available at iTunes.
Jesus is the light of the world.

16 Comments:

  • Thanks for this... I just happened to randomly see the podcast last night when I was updating some things in iTunes. It was very timely as I have struggled with processing this past week's events - so many lives affected... Thank you so much for praying - right then, right now...
    It's one thing to say you will - it's so great to actually stop to do it and to be unified with so many others listening...

    Prayers continually for VT and this generation...

    By Blogger sandra r., at 4/25/2007 1:37 PM  

  • Great Idea to show support and show that Vt is not alone.

    By Blogger bigfoot780, at 4/25/2007 2:52 PM  

  • I totally forgot that VT was the place where you guys held the OneDay Live event! Thank you Louie and the rest of the Passion team for your concern and the compassion that you all have shown about this event. It's encouraging to hear the call for love and support with a God-centric message in a culture that is so obsessed with blame and revenge. Shine.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/25/2007 3:31 PM  

  • While I do not know anyone at V Tech, a friend of mine lost one of her friends she knew. I think just being a fellow college student,this has effected me. It's a scary thing. But, when I listened to the podcast the other day,it was encouraging, for me and this situation,but also other things in my life as well.

    Thanks for all your love and concern for all college age students. My continued prayers go out to V Tech,and every college student

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/25/2007 4:15 PM  

  • Amazing Podcast, amazing idea! I send the link to all of my friends and asked my friends of facebook to join the facebook group! It's amazing how we all come together as a 'Passion family' and pray for the familymembers and students of Vtech! I will be leaving for a week of Soul Survivor on friday but my prayers are with VT. And I'll be praying with friends at Soul Survivor!

    Psalm 42

    By Blogger Jacoline, at 4/25/2007 4:36 PM  

  • We're praying for VT.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/25/2007 5:15 PM  

  • Louie and Passion Team,

    Thank you for this reminder. I ahve already changed my facebook profile Pic. I am continually In prayer for the VT community. Thank you so much for what passion is doing to give Hope.

    Angela

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/25/2007 5:20 PM  

  • hey my name is zoey and i went to your 2006 student life in daytona....and that was the most amazing trip of my life...i took my friend and we bith grew stronger in christ...i wish my church was going again...because i would go in a heart beat!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/25/2007 10:28 PM  

  • Thanks for the generous offer of songs. (I already own all the albums, but it speaks volumes that the these 5 songs are offered free of charge to anyone).

    By Blogger wakadrum, at 4/26/2007 8:34 AM  

  • We love the Hokies!! We will soon not forget their tragedy. We will continue to keep praying! There is hope, and it's found in Jesus!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/26/2007 8:37 AM  

  • great idea with the EP. simple way to comfort, reassurance and show support. thanks Passion team.

    By Blogger steph, at 4/26/2007 6:18 PM  

  • thanks louie and passion people : )

    praying : )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/27/2007 1:30 AM  

  • what a blessing...thank you.

    By Blogger '09 Ukraine Orphan Care Trip Team, at 4/27/2007 2:07 AM  

  • Louie - Thanks for coming to VT last night! My wife and I appreciate your willingness to pray with and over us as we prepare for our missions endeavor. It was an encouragement to our hearts and spirit.

    Thanks for all you do for His kingdom!

    By Blogger Gregg, at 4/29/2007 7:04 AM  

  • Hey Guys, just to let you all knwo you're still in our thoughts and prayers here in N.Ireland. It may have lost the attention of the media, but we remember.

    I was so encouraged to see some of the students on our U.K National News report singing 'I could Sing of You're love forever'

    For His reknown,

    Matt Northern Ireland, UK

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/29/2007 9:33 AM  

  • i do not have a facebook account, but VT is flying high on my myspace default pic

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/30/2007 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home