268Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Home Stretch

And other assorted Passion/sixsteps news...

Well, we have said goodbye to lovely Florida with great memories of Fort Myers and West Palm Beach that we will carry for a while...especially those of the crazy Miami crew that made the trip up to WPB on Saturday night. As well, we have ventured to the Volunteer State, and played in the shadow of one of earth's great cathedrals (think stadium) where the day-glow orange checker-board end zones bookend the hallowed ground of UT football glory. Knoxville was a great stop, and thanks to all you guys who came out on a Monday night.

Tomorrow, more SEC turf as we head to Baton Rouge and play on the campus of LSU. Then Little Rock, St. Louis (sold out today, I think) and the snow make-up date in Columbus, Ohio...the tour's last stop for now and what we hope will be a massive finish. So if you're anywhere in the vicinity of Columbus on Sunday night come and help us bring it home in style. We are excited about these last five dates, and as crazy as it sounds given that 2 months have basically vanished before our eyes, we are a little sad to see it end. It will be great to get home and park for a while, but we have had such a blast carrying hope to people from coast to coast.

A few other things to check out:

If you haven't heard, the DC*B is IN the studio working on a new project to be released by sixstepsrecords in the fall. The cameras are live as we speak in the Dr. Pepper Barn and you can amuse yourself for hours on end watching the proceedings and trying to read between the lines as the new songs take shape and come to life. Visit davidcrowderband.com and check it out. I know the guys would love to your prayers and support!

And while we're on the album front, we have decided to delay a new Passion recording until later in the year. Sad, I know, because there were some powerful moments left on the table. But we have given it much thought, and in the grand scheme of things we feel like it's best to wait until the fall regionals to record again. In the meantime, grab the iTunes bundles if you were waiting for an EP and know that we are working on ways to get another song or two from Passion 07 to you before the end of the year. As well, we hope to get a short video capturing the highlights of of 07 going soon. So, here's the plan...we will record in the fall at the 2 Passion regional events (dates will be released very soon) and see where things stand. If all goes well we'll release something in the winter that will lead us into the four winter/spring regional events and the World Tour outing. Thanks for your patience and understanding...

and see you in Baton Rouge!

Don't stop praying, please!

12 Comments:

  • yo louie :)
    kris from the crazy miami crew..
    i hope you all have a blast with God on the next last stops!! i'll be prayin

    1. on "a few more things" you spelled it "thongs", not things..might wanna edit that :/

    2. see you at thirsty

    3. God.. :)!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/21/2007 12:19 AM  

  • Hey Louie!!

    This is A.J. Wagoner!! I was at Passion '07 and just wanted to say that I'm still prayin' for ya'll and ALL the work you are doing!! Thank you so much Brother! As for me, right now I'm trying to get the $3000 necessary for me to go to China on a mission trip with my church, Good News Church, here in St. Augustine, FL. My grand scheme right now is to help everyone trying to go on the trip by raising $1000 to go towards missions at the church and upon achieving that goal, I am going to shave my beard and head, so that I will have nothing left (right now, I've been growing my beard for around 6 or 7 months, so it's intense). Also, I think I have decided in my heart to go with the Campus Crusade for Christ ministry in northeast FL to Bosnia for a year. Oh, almost forgot, I'm also in the works of getting Shane & Shane to come to my church and lead a worship concert, in the event to unify as many Christians around this area as possible. Of course, I think Satan has been trying to throw curveballs in the aspect of the economic and business side of things to prevent this endeavor; however, Christ is victorious, so all is well!!! :-D Could you please pray for all of these things going on in my life right now?? Thank you so much again Louie and the Passion team!! God Bless!!

    Much Love in Christ,
    A.J. Wagoner

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/21/2007 12:58 AM  

  • Hi Louie,
    Just wanted to share how amazing I thought the Ft Myers show was. I took my mom, and she had never heard you speak. I knew she'd be blown away by you, and she was, as was I. I loved the Laminin! That was so amazing! I know a lot of stuff had to do with struggles, which was somthing I needed.
    I hope and pray youo all have a safe remainder of the tour!
    God bless!
    Lauren, from Ft Myers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/21/2007 8:47 AM  

  • Too bad about the EP, but I'd rather have the memories than the CD. I feel worse for the people who experience second hand and would've liked this.

    It was great to go on the How Great is Our God, and I am excited about the regional events--hopefully I'll get to go to one.

    Have fun on the re-stop in Columbus!

    -Morgan

    p.s. The Remedy webcam thing IS addictive. I feel compelled to check it and see Crowder, Hogan, and Shane staring at their computer screens, from my computer screen.

    By Blogger Morgan, at 3/21/2007 9:59 AM  

  • Definitley not going to stop praying! Thanks for the updates.

    Trusting God with you.

    PS if anyone see's this, a quick prayer request...I've got my birth certificate coming in the mail and I need it for my passport. Please pray that it comes safely. And praise God, I'm going to Asia!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/21/2007 1:33 PM  

  • Praise the Lord! Ya'll made it to the home stretch...not that I doubted:) The Lord will continue to sustain you & give you great joy during these last few days. God bless you guys & I'll see you Friday!
    Still praying,
    Phoebe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/21/2007 1:35 PM  

  • We'll keep praying for you all through the home stretch of the tour. May God breathe the wind of the Holy Spirit through you to the folks of LSU,Little Rock, St. Louis, and Columbus!

    By Blogger Marcia B, at 3/21/2007 4:56 PM  

  • haha kristelly's comment about the spelling error literally made me laugh out loud.

    :D :D :D

    By Blogger Brittany, at 3/21/2007 9:05 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 3/21/2007 9:23 PM  

  • I can't wait for St. Louis!!! It's going to be an amazing night of worship! still praying for all the other nights as well as STL. cya there!!!

    Lauren

    By Blogger Lauren, at 3/21/2007 9:24 PM  

  • Louie, we will defintely be praying for you! I met a new friend while visiting a friend's church in Jacksonvilel just a few weeks back. She was somewhat familiar with your talks and Chris' stuff but had no clue about Matt! So I told her how amazing Matt is, and the rest, and just five days later she tells me she is going to see you guys as you stop by in Jacksonville! The next day she tells me she can't even put into words what the Lord did out there! Sadly, I did not see you guys on this tour--I saw you in ATlanta and Auburn last year--when you came through Atlanta, but am still stoked to see the Lord using you guys all across the country on the campuses. Our campuses need hope and the beauty of the Lord. I will totally be praying for all of you!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/21/2007 11:12 PM  

  • Thank you very much for the update. Reading the blogs encourages me so much in my walk with our Creator & encourages me to keep World tour & Passion tour in prayer... Being here in hawaii, its my prayer that we can be part of God's moving in any way possible. Thank you very much. Christ's love enveloping our hearts to press on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/23/2007 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home