268Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

In the spirit of trying to impact culture, thank you so much for making a huge statement at iTunes. The Passion Worship Movement...more than music, a way of life. Yet, we are linked in part through these great songs that amplify our God and point to Jesus Christ. I'm so humbled to be a part of this movement with you and floored by all that God has done.

We are still in Nashville where we had an off day. We spent some time with our friends and label-mates at EMI for their company devotions today. In the midst of remembering where the vision for sixsteps began (we were inspired in 1999 by the story of the return of the Ark to Jerusalem...2 Sam. 6) and encouraging all of us to keep connecting the dots of our daily routine to the greater story of God's kingdom, we celebrated a crazy day at iTunes!

Passion was #6 and #70 overall, and as a result of the amazing sale they are running on all Passion/sixsteps records, our projects held 7 of the top 10 spots in the Inspo section. What? The Brown Bundle is also #1 at Inspo in Canada, so thanks to our friends above the border. You guys are making some serious noise and you have to know people are noticing. Trust me, it's not only about charts and sales or dollars and cents (when we sell a CD for 7.99 on iTunes there's not a lot to go around!)...it's about making His name famous in every way possible. Thank you for speaking loudly and for being the kind of people who both love the music and seek to live the life.

As well, a huge thank you to our Father. Just driving through a semi-quiet and rainy downtown tonight I couldn't help but think of the grace that has been extended to us in this place. Both Passion 05 and 06 were covered in His kindness as a shroud of His presence encompassed us. We won't know until heaven how gracious He has been, but I have a sense tonight that His goodness is a whole lot more staggering than we can imagine. Father, thank you for the days here in Nashville, history making days with You. We sought and You answered, we were in need and You filled us here. Please know tonight how grateful we are for all You have done. We have not forgotten and hopefully, we never will. You are good and Your love endures forever. All glory to You, Jesus. We are Yours.

Louie

14 Comments:

  • louie,
    so exciting about itunes and how they have spread the noise of the Famous One. not only did i buy them for myself, but i also "gifted" them to my roomate who is not a christian. she has not said anything to me about them, but I am hoping that somehow through those itunes, she will feel the presence of the Lord in her life in a strong and mighty way.

    -lauren

    By Blogger lesykes, at 2/23/2006 12:19 AM  

  • your welcome?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2006 1:00 AM  

  • I need to pick that bundle up! Haven't gotten the chance to yet. Thanks Louie for the update and the info. It is amazing, since passion, I have slowly been meeting people on my campus who have a desire to see the name of Jeus Christ change our campus. There is a ministry group in the works to pull the various campus ministries together a bit to seek the glory of God on our campus and to grow in unity. All to you Christ, all to you.

    Our friend John Piper is in prayers. God bless my friend, and keep seeking Him alone...

    D <><

    By Blogger David B, at 2/23/2006 1:01 AM  

  • yeaaaah, Canadian iTunes! =D so often times shafted, but not today. not today. =P

    By Blogger steph, at 2/23/2006 3:19 AM  

  • Thank you so much for your continued pursuit of God and the renown His name. It is very encouraging, even to us way over here in South Africa!
    I love reading about what's happening all around the earth and the way His story is unfolding!
    Keep it up! For His Glory!
    Can't wait for CD/DVD!
    Shalom
    Jacques

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2006 3:39 AM  

  • I've been listening to Made to Worship from the bundle a LOT in the past couple of days. Every time I listen to it it reminds me of Passion 06. I really miss it soooo much. It's been 2 months and I'm still so on fire. Last night I started thinking about it and I went to the Passion 06 website and began looking at the pictures, which brought tears to my eyes just looking at them. Passion really was such a life changing experience. So I add my own thank you to our God. Thank you for being able to make a change in my life like this, and thank you for providing opportunities such as Passion for me and others to grow in our faith. I also send a thank you to the whole Passion team for all the life-changing work they've done for our mighty God. Thanks, guys.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2006 7:41 AM  

  • louie,
    such a great outreach!!!both bundles were fab!!!i told all my friends about them and am reallt pumped for the cause of Christ!!!

    By Blogger Liz, at 2/23/2006 9:19 AM  

  • you pretty much said it all louie. thank you. oh and war eagle.

    By Blogger will polley, at 2/23/2006 2:11 PM  

  • Louie,

    Just discovered the 268 blog...

    The Lord used Passion '99 to change the direction of my life.

    Recently, the teaching of Passion '05 played a pivotal part last year in leading my husband and I into ministry at Gospel for Asia. (gfa.org)

    Now that we are on the outskirts of the Passion Ministry, as we are 'post-college,' we live out the conferences vicariously through the teaching available on audio. Last year your message (the introductory one where you shared about your running adventure in NYC) was used by God in our lives to play a part in our calling to serve Him. What a wonderful challenge: Are we trying to be the starring role in our little life or are we willing to play any role in His redemptive story?

    Thank you for letting the Lord use you-- the sacrifices you make as a spiritual leader and that your wife makes as she serves with you are often behind closed doors. I praise the Lord for people like you and your wife who are willing to sacrifice for the kingdom. The fruit of your ministry is that many people in all nations are learning of the true God! Knees are bowing and tongues are confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord!

    Now, that is exciting...

    By Blogger Amy, at 2/23/2006 3:32 PM  

  • Amen...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2006 4:23 PM  

  • Every day that I look at this blog and see all that God is doing in you guy it just makes my heart melt! It is encouraging to know that there is a movement among this generation that is not stopping - in fact, it is growing... Jesus said that the gates of hell could not stand up to His church... For a long time it's felt like the church in the West has been losing its intensity, passion, and power... But in these days among this generation that picture is coming in focus a little more, day by day... God is awesome, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for you guys next...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2006 4:46 PM  

  • I agree. God has been kind and gracious. It warms my heart to hear you speak of Him so intimately.

    What an amazingly wonderful...kind & loving...and terrible...perfectly holy & dangerous...heart to draw into!

    By Blogger Kendra, at 2/23/2006 6:09 PM  

  • Louie ~ words cannot express how grateful I am for you, Chris, Matt, DCB, Charlie, and everyone else on your team! I was at Tuesday night's concert in Nashville and took my whole family. My dad was telling me tonight that he had never experienced a worship service before where everyone on stage was so extremely humble...and he's a minister so he knows all about some worship services. We discussed how when you speak you can't walk away without being challenged to "do" something. And you don't even have to give an invitation. God has given you the gift of communicating with ppl and I thank you for using it to God's Glory! PASSION '05 & '06 have forever changed me and it meant so much more knowing it was my city that was being impacted firsthand. Thank you so much for continuing this blog. It's hard to go a day without checking it and I'm sorry for the book I have just written. Counting down the days till ATL!
    PS I became a member of the Apple family and bought an ipod just so I could upload all the PASSION messages/songs and take them everywhere I go! Prayers & blessings over you today & always!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2006 8:48 PM  

  • anonymous above me... louie would probably say this better than me... but. we're all on the same team. brothers and sisters in Christ stepping up to bat every second of our lives doing our best to live up to His glory. we're not perfect, but that is why Jesus came and was perfect for us.

    peace and love.

    By Blogger will polley, at 2/23/2006 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home