268Blog

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

28 Day Prayer Journey To Passion 07 - Day 9

Day 9. The Cross.

If you're on I-10 today, somewhere between Houston and Atlanta, you very well may pass an interesting sight...a white SUV with a huge cross sticking out the back headed here to the Passion House. And it's not just any cross, but a powerful symbol that reflected the grace of God at OneDay in Memphis. If you were there in 2000, you remember. Confession gave way to shouts of joy as we considered the price Christ paid to buy our freedom and cleanse our souls.

After a stay in Houston, the OneDay cross will again be visible at Passion 07, anchoring Pure Grace, a place for meditation on the cross of Christ in the Kneel prayer area. But how cool that it's blazing crossing a big chunk of the nation on the way to Atlanta, a reminder of the way that has been made for us to come into the presence of God. There is no muck, or stench or stain in your life today that He Himself did not bear on that tree. There is no filth that cannot be made clean like snow. His cross is forever standing over us. Grab onto it with all your might today. And let it's healing tide wash over you.

Father, I confess my shameful ways to you. Have mercy on me and restore my dark and twisted heart by the grace You have poured out so freely on the cross. Thank You for Your precious gift of love, Jesus Christ. Price-paying, sacrificing, restoring, life-giving, rescuing Jesus Christ. Help me to embrace Him now and walk in His light, Amen.

"And he himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness--for by his wounds you were healed." 1 Peter 2:24

16 Comments:

  • Amen! I'm getting more and more excited to see what the Lord is going to do at Passion. He is, and is going to light us on fire for Him.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 12:48 PM  

  • The best obedience of my hands
    Dares not appear before Thy throne;
    But faith can answer Thy demands,
    By pleading what my Lord has done.

    (lyricist unknown to me)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 1:16 PM  

  • What a great reminder during this X-mas season-God is so good to all of us!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 2:48 PM  

  • uh oh..i'm sorry dustin, but i must make a comment on your comment...it's not x-mas...it's CHRISTmas..sorry, but my church has taught me to "tackle" (joke) anyone who uses the term x-mas and not CHRISTmas...after all Christmas is about celebrating the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ! :) and if we use the term x-mas, we're removing Christ from the true meaning of the word! God bless :)

    By Blogger HannahGrace0108, at 12/12/2006 3:15 PM  

  • I'm so much in need of the cleansing power of the cross! Thank you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 3:39 PM  

  • Awesome!! Thank You Louie, that is a sight I would love to be able to see as I drive down the road.


    Jesus, thank you for your sacrifice on the cross. Saving those who are lost. Your cleansing blood, washes away all of my sin!!
    It is only thru Your blood that we truly can clean and redeemed!

    Hannnah G., love your name by the way, when I say Merry Christ mas, at the end I say (Most Awesome Savior).

    To the wonderful power of the cross.

    I needed that today.

    By Blogger Liz, at 12/12/2006 4:50 PM  

  • Hah.. now i can't stop listening to "Mighty is the Power of the Cross" by Chris Tomlin!! You guys are GREAT!

    Praying for you Passion team and CARRIE!! :)

    By Blogger Ashley, at 12/12/2006 4:51 PM  

  • "live-giving" that is sweet. Was it a typo? Some of the best things are accidental.

    Can we pray for anything else?

    Num. 10:35

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 5:24 PM  

  • ...just what i needed to hear today...thank you.
    - luke (delaware)

    By Blogger '09 Ukraine Orphan Care Trip Team, at 12/12/2006 5:41 PM  

  • Thank you for reminding us of the reason Jesus was born--to atone for our sins, our filth, our muck. We praise you God for this most precious gift.

    "I celebrate the day
    that you were born to die
    so someday I could
    pray for you to save my life."
    (Relient K)

    AMEN!

    By Blogger higgie08, at 12/13/2006 12:17 AM  

  • i am so thankful that this is here, guys. thank you so much for leading me to the cross before Passion. The past two years, i sort of stumbled into Passion, and then collapsed in a big hulking pile. i worshipped a lot, i prayed a lot, i lost my voice, i worshipped some more...but this year, my focus is on him, right now, in Knoxville. As i'm driving down the interstate to work. As i'm ringing up orders. As i'm selling hiking boots. Now, in my community. Thank you, Jesus, for being change in my life. I look forward to seeing what you are doing, and meeting you there. Help me be rooted in your word, Jesus, the word of truth.

    By Blogger Andy, at 12/13/2006 12:36 AM  

  • oh, and the author of that hymn is Isaac Watts.

    By Blogger Andy, at 12/13/2006 12:37 AM  

  • How amazing is it that we get to be apart of something like God's kingdom? It is impossible to put into words how blessed we are to know a savior like Jesus Christ.

    By Blogger Megan, at 12/13/2006 1:55 AM  

  • Our group has ended up with a bunch of extra Passion 07registrations. If your group would like to buy these and transfer them to your group please email me. (It IS at the price break amount)....

    THANKS
    passion07xtras@gmail.com

    By Blogger mstudentz, at 12/13/2006 11:17 AM  

  • Thank You Jesus for the Holy cross!

    By Blogger FanofGOD, at 12/13/2006 11:29 AM  

  • Merry X-mas to you all! What is wrong with x-mas? Yes, you could associate it with bad X things. But what about Xpistos, the greek word for Christ begins with an X, a greek chi. I don't know where the "x-mas" began in Greece or in modern times but Yeah for X-mas and Christ being in Christmas!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/13/2006 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home